Black garlic brownies
250g quality dark choc 70-85%
1 cup butter
1.5 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 bulb black garlic
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Grease a 25 cm square pan and set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler over a steaming water. Melt only until just blended together, not to a point that the butter separates.
4. Remove from heat and mix in the sugar. The mixture will be grainy. Add one egg at a time, whisking each egg into the batter.
5. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash thoroughly the black garlic into a paste.
6. Add the garlic, vanilla, and salt to the batter and mix thoroughly.
7. Add flour to batter and mix thoroughly.
8. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly, smoothing top.
9. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until top has a dull finish.
10. Cool on a rack.