Black Garlic Chicken Satay
700g chicken breast
(skin removed and cut into cubes)
For the marinade
3 small shallots – peeled
1 clove of peeled black garlic
Half a teaspoon of lemon grass
1 tablespoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of turmeric
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
For the sauce
3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
6 cloves of peeled black garlic
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Half a teaspoon of lemongrass
3 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
4 spring onions
200 ml creamed coconut milk
For the marinade:
1. Place all the ingredients (not the chicken) into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add the marinade to the chicken be sure to cover the cubes of chicken completely,
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight in a non-metallic bowl.
To make the Black Garlic Saté Sauce:
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Put the sauce into a saucepan and heat gently. Adjust the thickness of the sauce using the coconut milk
1. Thread the cubes of chicken onto skewers.
2. Cook them on the grill or barbecue to your liking (a little bit of char is always tasty.
3. Serve with the warm Black Garlic Saté Sauce.